Tue, 15 Aug|
Deeper Play: Following Your Creative Dreaming (1)
Creativity takes time! Results can be years in the making, even a lifetime. Besides this, expressing ourselves creatively can feel really scary. How can you find the courage to properly stand by yourself and explore your own creativity?
Time & Location
15 Aug, 17:00 – 18:30
About the Event
Creativity takes time! Results can be years in the making, even a lifetime. Besides this, expressing ourselves creatively can feel really scary. It takes courage to stand by ourselves and explore our own creativity.
I've loved running Serious Play: Kickstart your Creativity, and I am now offering a longer programme, at a slower-burn, more spacious, pace with lots of room for growth, harvest, compost and new germination.
Creativity works at so many levels: it thrives in the art of living as much as in the creation of art; each person’s expression of their creativity is unique, providing joy and healing, and spreading more creativity in its wake - it’s catching! I love that it's the grit in the oyster which produces the pearl! In other words, it is the difficulties we meet along the way that often announce our creative gifts and call to action. It's rich work.
This course is for you
- If you feel you are creative, but have stopped short of being able to let your creativity develop fully
- If you have been creative in the past, and have experienced powerful blocks or 'failures' along the way
- If you struggle to find the time to be creative
- If you wish you could be more open and playful about sharing your creative efforts
- If you are seeking to find or develop your unique creative path and purpose
- If youy would love to find greater confidence and ease in your creative self expression
What is it? This nine month online course offers an inspiring, nurturing programme of gestation for your creative expression to come to fruition in a meaningful way. The course is inspired by Julia Cameron’s Artist’s Way, Process Oriented Psychology practice and Positive Psychology coaching. It is also informed by the late Dr Chris Seeley’s Artful Organisation, by Deep Ecology and the tutor’s own experience as an artist and creative change coach.
The programme, running for nine months from April to December 2023, is made up of:
- Nine, monthly, 90 minute online workshops
- Recordings for all sessions
- Nine, monthly, one-to-one coaching sessions with the course host, trained professional coach Helen Tyrrell
- A community of creative peers to share and explore your creative development with over the nine month period
- An online community platform for additonal resources and support.
While the main course dates are set, certain dates, such as in August, may be flexible and changed to suit the group.
What does it cost?
The full course costs £450, with the option to pay in nine monthly instalments of of £50
At a glance
- Explore and appreciate your creative seeds and watch them come to fruition
- Find the courage and confidence to bring more of your creativity to the world
- Navigate your creative seasons with compassion and confidence
- Follow your creative dreaming
Participants will gain
- Deeper confidence in your life path and creative self-expression
- Practical tools to support you through the cyclical seasons of creative self-development
- Appreciation for the thread of creativity that is trying to manifest through you, and an understanding of how to work with it