Tue, 16 May|
4 virtual interactive workshops
Serious Play: Kickstart Your Creativity (online)
Do you long to be more creative? Do you wish you could bring more of your creativity to bear more often and more boldly in your day to day life?
Time & Location
16 May, 17:30 BST – 07 Jun, 19:00 BST
4 virtual interactive workshops
About the Event
Do you long to be more creative? Do you wish you could bring more of your creativity to bear, more daringly and more often in your day to day life?
Whether you wish to express your creativity through the making of art, or through the art of living, this course will help you know how your creative gifts are asking to be used and bring you to a place of greater confidence in your creative expression.
At a glance
- Get closer to the creative thread running through your life
- Appreciate your gifts and develop your creative practice
- Bring more of your talents to the world
- Play your part in the renewal of humanity
Participants will get
- A deeper appreciation for your creative gifts and how to use them
- Meaningful, healing activities to help you claim your birth right to be creative
- an appreciation of creative blocks and constraints in the light of their meaning and creative purpose
What do you want from this ‘one wild and precious life’ (Mary Oliver)?
What does it want from you?
The beauty of the creative thread which runs through all of us is its capacity to surprise! Whatever you are doing in life, accessing your creativity promises to bring you new solutions (and questions!), greater confidence and joy in creating, and greater clarity about your creative direction.
This workshop offers an introduction to accessing your own best creativity practice to allow your talents to flourish; helping to remove blocks, restore confidence and to understand and appreciate your creative life path.
We will use gentle, artistic exercises to bring your personal strengths to the forefront of your awareness. Rediscovering the creative force that runs through you, we will explore how your creativity can best manifest in your life circumstances, as they are right now.
You will be guided through the spacious, four-session journey, using imagination, inquiry, art, poetry, and story to open the way to personal insight and strength.
The course is inspired by Julia Cameron’s Artist’s Way, Process Oriented Psychology practice and Positive Psychology coaching. It is also informed by the late Dr Chris Seeley’s Artful Organisation, by deep ecology and the tutor’s own experience as an artist and creative change coach.
This set of workshops is suitable for anyone seeking to expand their creative potential, deepen their creative practice and feel greater confidence in their creative direction, whether in their day-to-day life, work life, relationships or as an artist.
What people say about the course:
- "I feel, kind of, invincible to be honest and empowered. The creative activities adorn my walls and my mind."
- "I felt like parts of me I often ignore were opened up. It left me feeling happy and inspired."
- "I found the sessions with Helen very deep and transformative