Sat, 01 Apr|
Your Creativity: Originality and Origins (one day onsite)
Creativity is the natural order of things. People have been making art since the dawn of time and we, ourselves, are creations. However you wish to express your creativity, this experiential workshop will put you in touch with your birth right to be creative.
Time & Location
01 Apr 2023, 10:00 – 16:30
Hawkwood College, Painswick Old Rd, Stroud, UK
About the Event
Creativity is the natural order of things.
People have been making art since the dawn of time and we, ourselves, are creations. How can the creative legacy of our earliest ancestors guide us now, at the other end of time, when once again, we are being called upon to respond creatively in the face of overwhelming challenge? What do our own personal origins and primary experiences tell us about our individual creative path?
Whether you wish to express your creativity through the making of art, or through the art of living, this one day workshop, set in the beautiful, ancient, grounds of Hawkwood, will help you know how your own original creative gifts are asking to be used, and bring you to a place of greater confidence in your creative expression.
We will use gentle, artistic exercises to experience our creative birth right as human beings, through the artistic legacy of our earliest ancestors, and through the wisdom of our own original experience.
The course is deeply inspired by the work of the Palaeolithic cave artists, and also by the work of Arnold Mindell, of James Hillman and of Julia Cameron - and Carlos Castaneda’s concept of the ‘Path with Heart’. He writes “a path without a heart is never enjoyable. You have to work hard even to take it. On the other hand, a path with heart is easy; it does not make you work at liking it.” The path with heart is the one which is ours, uniquely, to create and tread, and this workshop recognises that in doing so, we serve not only ourselves, but the community.
This workshop is suitable for anyone seeking to expand their creative potential, deepen their creative practice and feel greater confidence in their creative direction, whether in their day-to-day life, work life, relationships or as an artist.
At a Glance
- Experience your innate creativity
- Get closer to the creative thread running through your life
- Appreciate your gifts and develop your creative practice
- Bring more of your talents to the world, more courageously and more often
Particpants will Gain
- A deeper appreciation for your creative gifts and how to use them
- Meaningful, healing activities to help you claim your birth right to be creative
- Greater courage in your creative self-expression
- Deeper confidence in your personal creative path
What participants say about the course
- “Your creativity workshop was one of few, genuine life-changing experiences for me (in the sense of a change in trajectory where the divergence in path is only obvious in hindsight, or indeed a seed whose rewards are reaped some time after the planting”
- "Your specific tasks were original, unique, simple but with profound benefits and observations to be made from them."